Rare Signed / Autographed CDV of Civil War Confederate General Robert E. Lee
Original CDV of Robert E. Lee, signed in original ink on the front - not a facsimile. Taken by Michael Miley of Lexington, Virginia, in 1869 while Lee was President of Washington College. On the back is the studio imprint, Boude & Miley, Lexington, Virginia, along with a period, March 1870 handwritten inscription gifting the CDV to N. Carter, followed by some Greek letters. Bachman was Nathan LaFayette "Old Fate" Bachman, a California politician who also fought for the Confederate Army during the Civil War.
CDV has a pinhole and light soiling, and a very light curved ridge in the background to the right of Lee.. This is really only mostly visible when viewed at angles and is not heavy - it does not show through to the back. The CDV is otherwise in very good antique condition. Priority Express is also available. Famous military pope pontifical uniform soldier 1860s.
This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Antique: Yes
- Autograph Format: Hard Signed
- Image Orientation: Portrait
- Signed: Yes
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Military
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Carte de Visite (CDV)
- Theme: Celebrities, Conflicts & Wars, History, Militaria
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States