Antique Albumen Cabinet Photo Civil War Confederate Gen ROBERT E. LEE & TRAVELER
Rare Large Antique Albumen Cabinet Photo Civil War Confederate General ROBERT E. LEE & Horse TRAVELER, originally photographed by Michael Miley. This item was found near Sewickley, Pennsylvania and was probably once owned by a Civil War Confederate veteran and then passed down through the family. This photo image is sepia in color, doesn't have a glossy surface but a matte looking surface and photo is so thin you can see textured surface of backboard mount underneath.
This size is quite rare even though the backboard mount was trimmed at one time or another, probably due to breakage, and it looks like trimmed edge areas were painted white. This item has some surface age wear with dings, scrapes, red ink marks, stain marks, with trimmed backboard mount and measures approximately 13 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs".
The seller is "fantabuloso_finds" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Antique: Yes
- Image Orientation: Portrait
- Size: 13 1/2 x 10 1/2 in
- Image Color: Sepia
- Material: Cardboard, Paper
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Framing: Unframed
- Subject: Equestrian, Horse, Landscape, Men, Military, Travel & Transportation, USA
- Type: Photograph
- Format: Cabinet Card
- Photographer: Michael Miley
- Number of Photographs: 1
- Theme: Americana, Celebrities, Conflicts & Wars, History, Militaria, Patriotic, People, Politics, Portrait, Transportation, Travel, Travel & Transportation
- Features: One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Finish: Matte