BLACK CDV 1860 Woman Biracial Mulatto Mixed Race Civil War Era Slave Child
DETAILS: Rare photograph of a mixed race woman in an elegant hoop crinoline dress. Photographer is identified on reverse as Cowell's of New Haven, Connecticut. Measures 4 1/4" x 2 1/2" inches.
Please see images for item condition. Part of a much larger collection.
Oxxbridge Galleries was founded in 1987. We are amongst the largest sellers of photographs in the USA and are always adding to our inventory.
You will be pleased by the friendliness and knowledge of our staff. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs".
The seller is "oxxbridgegalleries" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Features: One of a Kind (OOAK)
- Format: Carte de Visite (CDV)
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Subject: Military & Political, Women
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Size: 4 x 2 1/2 in
- Material: Paper
- Photo Type: CDV
- Number of Photographs: 1
- Date of Creation: 1860-1869
- Framing: Unframed
- Year of Production: 1860
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- African American: Black
- Image Color: Sepia
- Civil War: Union Confederate
- Featured Person/Artist: Slaves
- Style: Photojournalism
- Color: Sepia
- Photographer: NA
- Signed?: Unsigned
- Black Slaves: Slavery
- Theme: Portrait
- Type: Photograph