TWO Civil War Era 1866 BROWN UNIVERSITY INSCRIBED ID STAMP CDV PROVIDENCE RI
Victorian Era Two Civil War Era signed, inscribed and dated 1866 Carte de visites of a handsome young man, wearing glasses in two poses and wearing a lapel pin of some kind. He is identified by the original ink inscription on the back as Charles M. Stillwell Brown University Providence, R. 13, 1866 each is a. And one has the green P. Was he a staff member, Professor? Also dated Feb 13, 1866. Measures : Both have been trimmed at the bottom (probably for an album slot) One has a single border.
Other has a double border. One measures: 2 7/16in x 3 3/16in & the other measures 2 1/2in x 3 3/4in. Studio Location : 73 Westminster St. Condition: Good Please examine all photos as they are part of the condition description This is an antique!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ONLY WORKS ON THE WEBSITE, NOT THE APP. IF ON THE MOBILE APP, JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE TO INVOICE YOU.
This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "gracefully_aged" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Unit of Sale: Set
- Antique: Yes
- Revenue Stamp: Yes, Green \
- Signed By: Charles M. Stillwell
- Size: 2.5in x 3.75in
- Image Color: Sepia
- Vintage: Yes
- Format: Carte de Visite (CDV)
- Inscription: Yes, Original Ink Inscriptions
- Year of Production: 1866
- Style: Portrait
- Features: Antique, estate, Civil War Era, Feathered vignette effect around image, Identified, Dated, Inscription, Revenue Stamp, One of a Kind (OOAK), Victorian Portrait
- Featured Person/Artist: Charles M. Stillwell
- Finish: Matte
- Image Orientation: Portrait
- Studio Address: 73 Westminster St.
- Signed: Yes
- Material: Cardstock, Cardboard, Paper
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Men, Figures & Portraits, Brown University, Student, Alumnus, alumni, Professor, Victorian Era, Civil War Era
- Type: Photograph
- University: Brown University
- Photographer: Manchester Bro. & Angell
- Number of Photographs: 2
- Theme: Alumnus, Americana, Cities & Towns, Civil War Era, Fashion, Ivy League, People, Portrait, Post-Civil War, Stamps, Universities, University, Victorian Era
- Dated: 1866, Feb. 13
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Production Technique: Albumen Print
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
- Location: Providence, R.